Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Heroine...

The drugs begin to peak
A smile of joy arrives in me
But sedation changes to panic and nausea
And breath starts to shorten
And heartbeats pound softer
You won't try to save me!
You just want to hurt me and leave me desperate!
You taught my heart, a sense I never knew I had.
I can't forget, the times that I was
Lost and depressed from the awful truth
How do you do it? You're my heroine!
You won't leave me alone!
Chisel my heart out of stone, I give in everytime.
You taught my heart, a sense I never knew I had.
I can't forget, the times that I was
Lost and depressed from the awful truth
How do you do it? You're my heroine!
I bet you laugh, at the thought of me thinking for myself.
I bet you believe, that I'm better off with you than someone else.
Your face arrives again, all hope I had becomes surreal.
But under your covers more torture than pleasure
And just past your lips there's more anger than laughter
Not now or forever will I ever change you
I know that to go on, I'll break you, my habit!
You taught my heart, a sense I never knew I had.
I can't forget, the times when I was
Lost and depressed form the awful truth
How do you do it? You're my heroine!



This is a song from Silverstein. I haven't heard much from this foreign band or maybe i'm just really not updated to music recently. I was looking for songs to download in my notebook and as i was scanning through some of my friends account in friendster, i passed one with this song(My Heroine) as the background music.
I'm not really much into rock music but when they have some of their songs in acoustic version, its the time that i get to appreciate it.
First time i heard this song, i thought it was just another break up song. But looking deeper into it, a whole new story revealed itself. I believe that the one who's causing the pain is the same person who once made the composer's heart beat once again. Not like the usual "it's the guy's fault again" scenario.
Heroine means a female hero. The composer of the song wrote this considering the girl as his heroine but on the contrary, she's the reason why he suffers. She hates her for everything she's done to him but still calls her to be his heroine. Irony!

But i know that he loves her. He loves her more than anyone does. I guess he understands her but she never gave way for him to let her know that he really does. Sad!
Sometimes when one easily quits on love, its the same time that the remaining passion burns out. The passion that is only longing to be deeply known. The passion that only hides but will redeem itself when one truly seeks. There's still chance but one gave up so all the possibilities of going back together will soon vanish. But this only shows that the foundation of the relationship is not solid, it was built on something that would be easily washed away when storms come into the so-called relationship.
There has never been a perfect course for love but a happy ending is never hard to achieve when both exert extra effort.-_-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa~ you really did look at that song in a deeper more meaningful way... *salutes* hail to the great pohlar...:)

I liked this!

~bam